Country reports on the organic sector in Central and Eastern Europe
Project period: 01.05.2009 - 31.08.2011
14 Country reports on organic agriculture and markets in Central and Eastern Europe
- here for Download in German language:
The organic markets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) are evolving in dynamically on very different levels. Whereas in most cases raw material exports are still dominating, in some cases internal demand is already bigger than local production. There is a high need for information and contacts on CEE, and the collection of statistical data from official side is not always self-evident. Compared to the strongly growing importance of the CEE markets for organically produced food, the available information and knowledge of the german organic food industry on this sector still is very rare.
Transparency for these important sales- and purchase markets is widely lacking for german organic businesses and other decisionmakers, and chances and added value potentials therefore remain unused.
For this reason, EkoConnect has analysed the situation of organic agriculture as well as the most important developments and stakeholders and published them in these country reports.
The project has been financed by the German Federal Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Consumer protection and the reports are therefore written in German language.
Aims of the project:
- Improvement of transparency in the organic sector in CEE for market partners from Germany
- Simplification in accessing the organic food markets in CEE
- Strenghtening trade cooperation between Gemany and CEE countries
- Overview on the development of organic agriculture and on the production quantities for important products
- Promotion and comparability of the organic sectors of the participating countries, also amongst each other
- Interconnecting the market stakeholders of Germany and the CEE countries
|This project was funded by:|